A lovely, colorful and crunchy early summer salad. (* Indicates PVF produce and ** indicates Star Hollow Farm produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.))
- 1 head of lettuce*
- 4-6 spring, salad white turnips, thinly sliced with skins*
- 3-4 green onions**
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half*
- 1 bunch of raw baby beets, thinly sliced with or without skins*
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 tbsp lemon garlic vinaigrette
- Tear lettuce leaves, and rinse well. Spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water (This is essential for great tasting salads. Extra water can water down the salad dressing and compromise the flavor of the salad.)
- Thinly slice the turnips and raw beets (no need to peel spring turnips or beets – you can eat their skins too) and chop the green onion.
- Toss lettuce through vinaigrette in a large bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve immediately.
It looks wonderful…. so fresh and sound delcious. Thanks for sharing.