Don’t know what to do with all those cucumbers and tomatoes? Just throw them in a blender along with some herbs, onions, and other seasonings for a delicious and refreshing summer soup. (*Indicates Potomac Vegetable Farm (PVF) produce and ** indicates Licking Creek Bend Farm produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups organic tomato juice
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion*
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced*
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and coarsely sliced*
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped**
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped**
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (reserving 2 tbsp minced scallions and 2 tbsp minced cucumber). Puree until smooth.
- Before serving, top with 1/2 tbsp reserved scallions and cucumber.