Roasted butternut squash, onions and garlic – how can you go wrong with this colorful, autumn dip. Pair with crackers, brie and a full-bodied red wine for a savory appetizer.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and coarsely chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup organic, vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the butternut squash, onions and garlic with oil, herbs and 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Bake in a shallow dish or on a baking sheet for 20-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until onions and squash begin to caramelize.
- Coarsely mash with a fork and add vegetable broth.