This is such a simple, yet delicious salad. This recipe also tastes great with radishes, beets, and other spring vegetables. (* Indicates PVF produce and ** indicates Star Hollow Farm produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.))
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce*
- 4-6 spring, white turnips*
- 3-4 green onions**
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 tbsp lemon garlic vinaigrette
- Tear lettuce leaves, and rinse well. Spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water (This is essential for great tasting salads. Extra water can water down the salad dressing and compromise the flavor of the salad.)
- Thinly slice the turnips (no need to peel spring turnips – you can eat their skins too) and chop the green onion.
- Toss lettuce through vinaigrette in a large bowl. Serve immediately.