I’ve had this every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember – a classic mid-west American cranberry dish. I went to Whole Foods looking for all natural gelatin, but decided instead to use real Jell-O. After all, how often do I really use ingredients that aren’t exactly “real”. Next year I may try using the all natural gelatin.
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) can pineapple tidbits (or 1/2 (16 oz) can, chunks, chopped)
- 2 (3 0z) packages, cherry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 lb. can whole berry cranberry sauce (such as Whole Foods 365 Organic)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple liquid to make 1 cup. Bring to a boil and dissolve gelatin in hot liquid. Add 1 cup cold water.
- Chill until thick but not set (about 30 minutes). Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple, celery and nuts. Pour into a serving dish.
- Chill until firm.