A fabulous and easy sauce. Use to make enchiladas, or try as a sauce for mexican pizza.
Adapted from CookingLight. Orginal recipe available at cookinglight.com.
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely diced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed and dried and chopped (stems and leaves)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in broth and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat, and simmer UNCOVERED 30 minutes or until thickened.
Pingback: Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas « yum! yum!
Pingback: CSA – Licking Creek Bend Farm « yum! yum!
Pingback: Enchiladas with Broccoli Rabe & Black Beans « yum! yum!