A great, easy recipe! The cinnamon provides a lovely, subtle variation to standard grilled chicken. For a complete meal, serve as a part of a Greek Feast. Or, serve cold, sliced in half (length-wise) on a sandwich with pesto, grilled zucchini, and cheese.
- 2 lb organic, free-range chicken
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or high quality bottled, such as Santa Cruz or Lakewood brands)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine oil through pepper in a 8″ square, glass baking dish.
- Remove all fat and membrane from chicken. Cut into tender sized pieces (about 2 inches by 3 inches).
- Evenly coat chicken pieces with the marinade in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Do not overcook.
Pingback: Greek Feast « Cultivating Sustainability
Pingback: Zesty grilled chicken with cinnamon « adamsdaughter