- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced*
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1 large bunch swiss chard*, coarsely sliced including stems
- 1/2 head small-medium arrow head cabbage*, coarsely sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic creme vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, cast-iron wok (or other large skillet), heat oil on medium-high heat. Saute onions and chickpeas for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium and add swiss chard and cabbage. Saute for about 4-8 minutes or until cabbage and swiss chard are tender. (Add about 2 tbsp of water if the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pan.) Stir in salt, pepper, and balsamic creme vinegar.