I love this simple sandwich recipe. It’s a great way to use fresh spring produce such as radishes and salad greens. If you are lucky enough to have access to hothouse grown vegetables – cucumbers and tomatoes – as I was this week, then throw them on too for a deliciously thick and crunchy vegetable sandwich.
- 1-2 tbsp chive cream cheese
- 5 slices of cucumber
- 4 slices of radish
- 1 slice of tomato, cut in half
- 1/2 cup spring greens (such as arugula, baby beet greens, mesclun, or other lettuce)
- 2 slices fresh bread
- Spread cream cheese evenly on both slices of bread.
- Top one side with sliced cucumber, radishes, tomatoes and greens. Cover with other slice of bread.
- Eat immediately or wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate until lunch time.
I love it. It looks so simple and yet very fresh and organic. Thanks for sharing.