A simple recipe from Bon Apetit, I also added some tomatoes, white onion and olives to this. To remove the sharpness of the onion, I soaked it in ice water for 5 minutes before adding it to the salad. A nice, light side to go along with some of the heavier items.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 16 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 1 large head)
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, cut into 2 1/2×1/4×1/4-inch strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small jar kalamata olives, drained
Whisk oil, juice and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine lettuce; cucumber, green onions and dill in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.