This is a deliciously sweet sweet potato side dish. Fabulous with a savory main dish, such as roasted chicken or turkey. The streuseled topping adds a nice, crunchy touch. Recipe from Cooking Light.
- 14 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled organic sweet potato (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place potato in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine the half-and-half and next 4 ingredients (half-and-half through egg) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add potato to egg mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add chilled butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until the topping is browned and the potatoes are thoroughly heated.