Excellent served with Sweet Potato Quesadillas.
- 2-3 cups halved, tomatillos (husked removed and washed)
- 1 green jalapeno, seeded and halved
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice (high quality such as Santa Cruz Organic)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- Cooking spray
- In the toaster oven (or oven) roast tomatillos, jalapeno peppers, and garlic: coat small baking sheet covered with foil with cooking spray, add halved vegetables, coat with a little more cooking spray. Broil in toaster oven for about 5-10 minutes until slightly brown and vegetables are cooked through.
- In a food processor, combine roasted vegetables, cilantro through salt. Blend. Stir in shallots and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be served warm or cold.
Pingback: Tamale Pie « Cultivating Sustainability