- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp granulated, organic sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, organic Cheddar cheese
- 2 organic, cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups skim, organic milk
- 4-6 oz canned, diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a standard 12-cup muffin tin by coating the cups with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir in the cheese. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the oil, milk, and green chilies.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. Stir just to combine without over mixing.
- Spoon about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cook on a rack.