Kompot is a traditional Polish dessert made from a combination of fresh and dried fruit. The dish is typically served at room temperature or cold.
- 2-3 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large organic orange, washed well, sliced and then quartered
- 6 oz dried apricots, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 whole cloves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium to large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the fruit.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until apples are just tender.