It’s our last week of our CSA. How sad!!! I just spoke with Farmer Mike and he said there may be a possibility to extend our share for a few weeks. It pays to know your farmer! On our walk home from picking up our CSA share, Farmer Mike told us that they still have a lot of winter greens, lettuce, and other vegetables to pick – thanks to plastic tarps and extending the growing season. Don’t want to get too excited, but hopefully we’ll be able to get a couple more weeks of fabulous produce. I love not knowing what we’ll get; the challenge of finding inventive recipes; and getting to chat with our farmer every week.
Here’s what we got in our CSA this week:
- 7 apples (2 Albemarle Pippin, 2 Gold Rush, and 3 Winesap Stayman)
- 4 Bosc pears
- 1/2 gallon unpasteurized apple cider
- 1 medium bunch collard greens
- 1 medium bunch pak choi (also called bok choy)
- 1 medium bunch kale
- 1 stalk of brussel sprouts
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 small head of frisee lettuce
- 4 small turnips
- 4 medium Russet potatoes
Pingback: CSA – Licking Creek Bend Farm « yum! yum!