apple cider, apples, bosc pear, broccoli rabe, brussel sprouts, CSA, kale, potatoes, tatsoi
It’s the weekend before Thanksgiving and the second to last share of our autumn CSA. This is what we received in our weekly box of produce:
- 1 medium bunch of broccoli rabe
- 1 small bunch of tatsoi (an asian green similar to bok choy, but smaller, more delicate, with a slightly sweet and nutty aroma; usually eaten raw, but can be cooked like spinach to soften its flavor)
- 1 small bunch of baby kale
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 large stalk of brussel sprouts (bulbs still on the vine)
- 1/2 gallon of apple cider
- 6 apples (different varieties)
- 2 Bosc pears
- 3 white potatoes
I think I’ll use the apples to make either an apple-cranberry pie with streusel topping or an apple crisp; and the brussel sprouts, kale, and potatoes for a roasted vegetable dish for Thanksgiving dinner. I’ll probably use the broccoli rabe and tat soi in a winter pasta dish for dinner tonight.
Pingback: CSA – Licking Creek Bend Farm « yum! yum!