A quick and simple two-pot meal. You can substitute the type and amount of vegetables, depending what you have on hand.
- 2 cups dried lentils, washed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 3 heaping tablespoons madras curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup whole milk (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pot, cook lentils in water for 20 minutes until slightly softened.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Add diced onions and peppers, and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, potatoes, water, and madras curry powder. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Note: You may need to add more or less water depending on the vegetables you use.
- Add lentils and stir. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir in milk and heat through (milk adds a nice richness, but you can omit if you would like).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over jasmine rice.