Don’t have a can of garbanzo beans in your pantry. No worries, try white bean hummus instead. This was my first time to make white bean hummus…and what a pleasant surprise. This recipe makes a velvety smooth, flavorful, and colorful hummus.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can organic, great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Add beans, garlic and tahini to a food processor. Blend well, then add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita chips or pita wedges as an appetizer or with falafel and other greek food as a side.