This Thanksgiving I decided to make a very unusual turkey – Tandoori Turkey. However, 2 of my friends that celebrated with me are vegetarians. I really wanted them to experience the tandoori marinade I made for the turkey, so I decided to make roasted potatoes with the marinade. Wow…these were fantastic. I’m so glad I decided to create this dish. I will definitely make these again.
- 2.5 lbs small potatoes (such as red nugget or fingerling)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped peeled ginger
- 2 tbsp high quality bottled lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Rinse and quarter potatoes. Toss with olive oil and place in a 13X9″ baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt through salt in a blender.
- Toss 1/2 cup yogurt marinade with potatoes, or enough of the marinade to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring after every 10 minutes to prevent sticking.