What a unique, delicious rice pudding! The orange zest and pistachios add such a different flavor. Before you make this recipe, please note that it takes at least 2 hours of simmering.
Recipe adapted from The Moroccan Collection.
- 8 cups organic whole milk
- 2/3 cup short-grain raw white rice (such as sushi or arborio rice)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp organic orange zest
- pistachio nuts (for garnish)
- Heat milk in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the rice and bring to a boil, stirring. Lower the heat and cook very gently, stirring occasionally, until the pudding is thick, velvety and falls easily from a spoon. This may take up to 2 hours.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and orange zest. Garnish with pistachios. Serve warm or cold.