If you have a grill, this is the easiest burger you can make! Serve with a light salad, such as Dill & Cabbage Salad. (*Indicates Potomac Vegetable Farm (PVF) produce and ** Star Hollow Farm produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms**, remove stems
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 leaves of lettuce*
- 4 small, high quality buns
- Slices of cheddar cheese (optional)
- Combine oil through pepper in a small bowl. Mix well. Using a brush, evenly coat each portobello mushroom and onion slice with oil vinegar mixture (you may need to mix more, depending on the size of your onion and mushrooms).
- Grill portobello mushrooms for 12-15 minutes (about 6 minutes on each side) and onions for 8-12 minutes (about 4 minutes on each side), or until cooked through.
- Serve 1 grilled portobello mushroom and 1 grilled onion slice on small, high quality buns topped with dijon mustard, mayo, cheddar cheese, and lettuce.