Yogurt, mint and cilantro add a wonderful flavor to lightly steamed carrots. (*Indicates Potomac Vegetable Farm (PVF) produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.)
Adapted from Flatbread & Flavors by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced and steamed just until tender (about 5 minutes)
- fresh ground pepper
- In a mortar, grind cumin through salt until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar and sugar to the spice mixture and mix well. Slowly stir in yogurt.
- Toss steamed carrots with yogurt/spice mixture until well coated.
- Serve salad immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.