Quesadillas are a fabulous way to use all sorts of CSA veggies – summer and winter greens and squash! For a complete meal, serve with a simple side salad or Southwest Gazpacho. (*Indicates Potomac Vegetable Farm (PVF) produce. For more information about what we are doing with our PVF CSA share, click here.)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped*
- 2 large summer squash (any combination of yellow squash or zucchini)*
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced*
- 1 large bunch swiss chard, chopped (including stems)*
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 large tortillas
- In a large cast-iron wok (or other large skillet), heat oil on medium high heat. Add onion and summer squash. Saute for 4 minutes or until they being to brown (stirring only occasionally). Add garlic, saute for another 2 minutes. Add swiss chard and black beans and saute for 4 minutes, or until swiss chard is tender.
- On a cutting board or large plate prep the quesadillas: sprinkle a little cheese on one tortilla, spoon about 1/2 cup of swiss chard mixture on top of cheese, spread evenly up to the edges of the tortilla (you may need to add more or less of the swiss chard mixture depending on the size of the tortilla – ideally you want about a 1/2 inch thick layer of swiss chard mixture on each tortilla), top with a little more cheese and another tortilla.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray. Add one prepared quesadilla, spray top with additional cooking spray. Cook until browned on one side and then flip and cook other side until crispy and brown. Repeat for remaining quesadillas.
- Top quesadillas with a dollop of sour cream.