I just placed my second order for a CSA Harvest Box, eggs, and cheese at Star Hollow Farm’s Online Market. I’m really excited about eating locally produced foods again. With all my work related travel I have missed quite a few Saturday deliveries and the Sunday Dupont Circle Farmers Market. I felt so guilty last weekend buying zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, avocadoes and other summer vegetables at Whole Foods…in the middle of winter. Well, no more unseasonal veggies for me.
This Saturday I will be able to pick up the following at Star Hollow Farm’s Adams Morgan pick-up site:
- 2-week CSA Harvest Box (1 head of lolla rosa lettuce, 1 head of bibb lettuce, micro greens, claytonia, mixed beets, mixed carrots, onions, parsnips, white and La Ratte fingerling potatoes, red delicious and pink lady apples) – $23.10
- 1 dozen free range, free-roaming, pasured hen brown eggs – $3.25
- 1 (8 oz) package sharp cheddar cheese (Whispering Brook Farm, aged more than one year and made with raw milk) – $4.00
- 5 heads hardneck garlic – $0.80 each
- 1 (4 lb) butternut squash – $4.80
- 2 lb onions – $3.40
For more information about Star Hollow Farm, check out their blog: Star Hollow Farm CSA Blog.