- 2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour (plus 1 tbsp for dusting the baking pan)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cups apples (about 5-6 medium apples, peeled and cut into small 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup dried fruit (such as golden raisins or currants)
- Cooking spray
- Peel and chop apples.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a bundt pan evenly with cooking spray and dust with about 1 tbsp of flour. Remove any excess flour.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg, only) in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk wet ingredients (eggs through oil, only).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in apples, nuts and dried fruit. There is only enough batter to evenly coat the apples, nuts and dried fruit. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Pour evenly into bundt pan and cooking for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve with vanilla ice cream.